Friday, February 4, 2011

Who do you think you are?


So who am I? I could say I’m a friend, a daughter, a sister, an aunt and although this adds so much to my life, if that was all I told you I wouldn’t seem very unique, which I am. I lived in western New York until I graduated high school. I went from snowy New York all the way down to Florida to study biology. I moved in with my sister and we had a blast but I slowly realized I was in the wrong major and the wrong place. So I made some changes - I switched my major to film and applied to Hunter. When I was finally accepted I packed my things and moved to the big city.

I’m loving life now. I found a career path that I truly believe I can enjoy and it’s not torture going to school anymore. I enjoy being a student now more than ever and take the opportunity of college to learn more, not just about film, but about life and who I am.

I’m a great listener and I can give some good advice too. I love my family and being away from them makes me that much happier when I do see them. When you first meet me I’m really shy but once you get to know me a bit better my shyness fades away. I’m motivated and really look forward to getting a job and being on my own. I think I can be fun and although I consider myself pretty mature, I know deep down I’ll always be a kid at heart. So that’s a little bit about me, Devon Fiegel, and I’m sure throughout the semester we will all get to know each other even better!

3 comments:

  1. I think your photo is adorable. It's nice to see someone post a childhood picture. Being a kid at heart, to me, is what keeps you young! You have to keep your youth alive in order to be able to change with the times. I also look forward to getting to know everyone as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with Candace. When you still have your "kid-self" in you, you tend to look at life as if its your own playground. You become what you make of it. It is really nice to know that you really appreciate the simple things in life: Being a sister, daughter, and a great listener. Those actually are unique traits and I am happy to meet you and to know that you love your career path. By the way welcome back to the city (It's probably late lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean because It makes all the difference in the world to feel you are on the path in your life that truly makes you feel fulfilled. It's really nice to know that you value being a good listener. Most people cant say that. Enjoy the city for all it has to offer!!

    ReplyDelete