Friday, May 13, 2011

Female Force 2011




Link to My Article on Scribd.com

http://www.scribd.com/doc/55381698/Female-Force-2011

My final project is a research article that both discusses and exposes what it is to be a female in law enforcement throughout history and today. I discuss the progress they have made to date, which is not enough. The mistreatment and sexual discrimination against police women. I also wrote about the fact that our NYPD needs improved training policies on stereotypes and discrimination and how our recruiting strategies are inadequate. I introduce my source Rosa Otero and explain her experience on the force, which makes her information and testimony valid. Lastly I discuss examples of police women in the media that have both hindered and helped women to progress in the field of law enforcement.


No comments:

Post a Comment