This presentation aids to convey the dichotomy between the male and female gaze, and uses a feminist approach towards understanding the female audience as they interpret the depiction of women in the mass media. This can be understood through two significant elements:
1) Analyzing selected beauty versus broadened beauty in advertisement.
- Is the "corset" thin image a healthy, trendy, AND ideal look for mass consumers?
2) Dissecting the "Real" American Woman from her "Fantasized" counterpart on television.
- Are "real" women truly the opposite of media portrayals?
- Do women put on "fantasized" monstrous images to threaten male phallocentrism?
Questions For Thought....
How do we define a Feminine Audience?
Would you consider women to be passive in visual narratives and in media?
How do we essentially distinguish the perception between the male gaze and those of females?
NOTE: Please let me know if the Prezi presentation link is having issues.